Moon Water – a little off-topic but I know there are numerous folks that are
interested.

I have missed some of the recent posts, so I hope I am not repeating things.

The big surprise this year has been the realization that there IS a “lot” more
water on the Moon than previously thought.   Not just where the sun never
shines, but nearly everywhere.   This realization comes from combining the
results of multiple missions:   Deep Impact, Cassini, M3 (Moon Mineralogy
Mapper) and Chandrayaan-1.   So it is pretty certain that there is water nearly
everywhere (more some places than others) but that’s still not much – estimates
are about a liter per ton of lunar material. That’s dryer than any desert on
Earth.

It’s a surprise, and there is still no good idea how it got there.

Ain’t Science Grand?

DirtDoc