Katy Roodenko said:

Well, Brazil is the only country who fingerprints US citizens in response to US requirement to fingerprint everybody (just for you to know). I actually wished that all other countries will do the same... Just not fair.

I went to Brazil last year and had to pay $130 for a visa, which is the same amount the U. S. charges Brazilians for a visa to come to the U. S. My traveling partner is from Switzerland and didn't have to pay anything because Switzerland doesn't charge Brazilians for a visa to visit there. I think that is only fair. If every country treated people from the U. S. the same way their citizens are treated when they visit here, there might be more political pressure to change the heavy-handed tactics of the U. S. But probably not. The paranoid national security types here will just say you shouldn't leave the country. I actually had a customs agent tell me that one time when coming back from Mexico.

Mark Minton

You may reply to mmin...@caver.net
Permanent email address is mmin...@illinoisalumni.org