I am skipping 2 or 3 post for now, to write this one:

About 6 pm, the caravan of hot-tub workers pulled out of the campground after
a long day of busting their ^%s.      They looked short of volunteers.

I began breaking down my camp, and 3 others that I still had up.   ( Actually,
Justin had done one of them for me while I was in San Antonio. )

A remaining caver, Paul, from Virginia began taking photos of the
empty campground
for his his personal memories.     He planned to tour San Antonio on
Tuesday before
heading home.

I walked around camp picking up about a 1/2 of a garbage sack of
litter - mostly beer related
paraphernalia.    Why can't the beer drinkers pick up after themselves?    Maybe
we should add a beer-drinking fee?    Or give the non-beer drinkers a discount ?

Over at the pavilion, there was a broken beer bottle on the floor and
a table covered
in sticky food from the Sunday night party.      Dozens of chairs and
tables were
scattered across the pavilion.     I left them like that.

Paul headed to San Antonio, leaving just me and the contractor who was
giant water-cooled fans from the pavilion.      I asked him if he
needed anything.

He left at 6:30.        I thoroughly checked 100 sq feet around my camp and left
it far cleaner than it was when I arrived.      I presume every caver
cleaned their
camp area, but I was not about to hike the whole campground.

The orange fence and post were still up around camp along with the
signs saying campus
closed.     There was one porta-potty still at camp and the giant dumpster
full of trash.      Bob Cowell's shower stalls were still there, and I presume
somebody is coming to tear it down in the next week or so.     Not me.

I drove around campus and couldn't find a single human or animal.    It looked
like a ghost town.    Pool was closed.    I don't know if any cavers were still
in their rooms, but it didn't matter.    I was heading home.

I stopped off at Brink's Crossing on the Guadalupe River for a quick dip before
driving non-stop to Arcola, arriving at 1:45 am. Tuesday morning.

David Locklear
just one of dozens of volunteers