From: Mark Minton [mailto:mmin...@illinoisalumni.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:58 PM
To: Geary Schindel
Cc: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: RE: Valdina Farms Sinkhole

Geary,

>The drought has opened up the downstream sump which was only accessible by
>cave diving.

Has Valdina Farms Sinkhole been explored very far beyond the (ex)sump? I see a
map in the 1994 NSS Convention Guidebook, Caves and Karst of Texas, that says
it had not been surveyed, and it didn't say whether the second downstream sump
had been dived or not. There is also an upstream sump. Seems like a good time
to push the cave, while water is so low.

Mark Minton.