Not you meaning Galle?

Bill
----- Original Message ----- From: <wa5...@peoplepc.com>
To: <texascavers@texascavers.com>
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 9:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Ediger's observation on failure to observe

There seems to be some sort of an inherent lack of understanding
regarding the requirement to stake tents securely to the ground AS
SOON AS they are erected--not 10 minutes or an hour later.
...especially when "there was a nice breeze" blowing. Remember that
ships sailed across the ocean with a hundred people and substantially
less square footage of sail than the tarps on one of our 10x20 tents.
This is a no-brainer, folks. Who's not paying attention--raise you
hands.

A number of years ago several of us were camping near the top of Guadalupe peak. One person (not me) set up a brand new North Face dome tent and was standing back admiring it. A breeze came by and the next thing was the tent was sailing over the edge.
Never found or saw it again ... OOOOOOOOOPS!