Those fans need to be replaced ever so often.  When
they starting making noise, that is a good time to
replace them.  The cost is usually $6 - $18.  It's
best not to buy the cheap ones.  I've never replaced
one on the CPU, but I've replaced the one on the
case 3-4 times.  Usually I have to get out my soldering
iron to get the job done.

Mike