You can usually find one that advertises that it contains bearings.  Buy
that.
Otherwise you'll get something that relies on a tiny plastic bushing -
guaranteed to wear out in a full year of continuous operation.  (NOT FOR
SERVERS!)
Most either have a two pin connector to plug directly into the mobo - others
have a third pin which give the mobo a feedback pulse that allows indication
of the fan's rpm.
Alternately, some accessory fans have a 4 pin connector which fit inline
with your hard drive power connector.

=WaV