At 09:56 AM 2/19/2009, Fritz Holt wrote:
This is probably the most insightful bit of reasoning that I have ever read on this subject.

That is an interesting outlook, Fritz. But I wonder how it would work in the government of, say, your family. Should the baby be held off the tit because it has no wealth it worked for; should the child be forced to go naked and barefoot because the adult producing wealth will not provide for it?

I would further suggest that many people have obtained vast wealth without lifting a hand to earn it--i.e.: didn't work for it. John D Rockefeller and those thieves running the stock markets come to mind. They did not work for it; they got it, ultimately, from the poor. And "when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end...." It works both ways, my dear friend, now doesn't it.

There seems to be some fuzziness as I gaze into this insightful bit of myopic reasoning.

--Ediger