From: Geary Schindel [mailto:gschin...@edwardsaquifer.org]
Sent: Tue 4/7/2009 1:22 PM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: [Texascavers] Deep and Punkin Trip Leader training

Folks,

Seems we have a full house at Deep and Punkin this weekend for trip leader
training.  So, we should have some new trip leaders for the ICS, assuming the
caves are open for the ICS.  We are following the clean clothes protocols
recommended by Jim Kennedy to help slow or stop the spread of White Nose
Syndrome.

Also, on Sunday, we're going to have an Easter egg hunt in the cat claw thicket
- over where I saw the large snake the other day.

Jim Kennedy hasn't sent out a trip report on the Punkin Mapping Trip but I will
add that we now have the two water tanks on the property manifolded together
and a new water pump for the cabin.  The hot showers are wonderful  Thanks to
Rick Corbell along with Arron Wertheim for all his hard work on the pump and
piping.  Of course Jim fed us like kings.  However, we may need to build
another outhouse to accommodate the - well, you know.

Great to hear that Butch is doing better.

Butch, If you would like to come down to the cabin and relax for the weekend at
Deep and Punkin, we would love to have you.  However, you might get a good
exposure to Hanta Virus or Histo and I'm not sure that dumping a lot of
metabolized antibiotics into the outhouse would be good for the composting
process.

Let me know and we'll keep the light on for you.

Geary Schindel

Deep and Punkin Property Manager