From: mark.al...@l-3com.com
To: TexasCavers <texascavers@texascavers.com>
Sent: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 1:08 pm
Subject: [Texascavers] The TEXAS CAVER Is Now Online!!!!

To all PAID TSA members,

It was decided this past weekend at the Winter Business Meeting at CBSP that in
order to forestall an increase in TSA member fees, due mainly to the cost of
printing the TC, we would like to offer PAID members the option of accessing
The TEXAS CAVER electronically.

Since the bulk of the TSA budget involves printing the TC, the current $20
membership fee is insufficient to cover the cost of printing and mailing the
TC, calculated at $26 per member/copy.

Do the math!

We did not think this was the best use of membership monies and our cash
reserves would soon be depleted at this rate.

This where you come in.

Through the technical wizardry of our webmaster extraordinaire, Butch Fralia,
PAID TSA members can now sign themselves up to view the latest TC online, each
and every time!

But, that’s not all!

“What else do I get by doing this and why should I bother?!”

Here’s why:

C2

·                     It will prevent a membership dues increase, hopefully,
for quite a long time. In these tough economic times, who wants that?!

·                     This will free up a HUGE amount of TSA funds that can be
better utilized on projects, other activities, equipment, and other more

                       worthwhile pursuits.

·                     You will have helped get the TSA “Back in Black”,
hopefully, to stay.

·                     You will be able to view and download the latest TC in
glorious FULL color, not just the cover in color in the mailed version.

·                     You will be able to view and download past issues of the
TC in glorious FULL color, not just the cover in color mailed version. All of

                      the 2008 issues are already online and past issues that
moi has been the Editor of will soon be added. Any back issues we can get our

=C
2                     grubby hands on will be added, as well!

·                     That tree-hugging part of you will rest peacefully in
knowing that you have helped preserve many a conifer by opting for the
electronic

                      version over the paper version.

·                     And no matter where you may roam, you will have access to
the good ol' TC and the frustrated Editor and Secretary will not have to

                      deal with the dreaded “Return To Sender/Addressee Not
Found”.

Not to mention that it just makes good financial sense.

All new registrations will be listed as pending, initially, while your
membership is verified before you will have membership access.

Butch has added Darla and Denise as administrators and they will verify that
you are a “Member in Good Standing” and will check this periodically. You will
be notified if your dues are about to expire and will be unceremoniously kicked
off if your dues are not renewed.

In other words, “No TC for you!” (Seinfeld reference
).

The member area is linked in from the main menu at www.cavetexas.org.  Be sure
to buy one or five ICS Registration Raffle tickets, while you're there!

If we could get just 50% participation in the electronic version program, one
would be hard-pressed to find any red ink in next year's budget. The more the
better, though.

However, please do not share your password info with the unwashed TSA
non-member!

If they would like to receive the TC, encourage them to do the right and just
thing by being a true American and joining the TSA!

In closing, the Board and I implore, beseech, beg, encourage, and strongly
suggest you sign up today!

Put the word out to your Grotto and to other cavers!

Help the TSA and help save a tree!

Thanks,

Mark Alman and the TSA Board