I'm publisher for another club (not caving related). We charge $10 per year for all single person
memberships.  We did all paper mailed newsletters
until about 1 year ago.  Used to send out all paper
newsletters.  Now we send out 18 paper copies
and about 60 e-mailed PDF's.  PDF's are in color,
mailed copies are B&W.  Only club members can
get the newsletter.

The club above has VERY old members, so your
PDF % is likely to be much higher.  They also
have tons of money, so financial losses due to
mailings are not an issue.  We really went to
PDF because our copier broke.

I would recommend only club members get the
newsletter, but have a 2 tier pay system.  Your
mailings will go down drastically (I think), and
your publisher (Mark) will be very happy.

Mike Flannigan