I too bought a Vizio 37" TV.  Its cool except that it advertises VISIO all
the time.
I could put a piece of electrical tape over it - it goes from white to
orange when its shut off.
Mine is a 740p/1080i unit - I paid 550 for it as new, opened box from a
distributor in North Austin who liquidates returns from Walmart and Target
on Ebay.  (Luckily I had to pay no freight.  I picked it up at the warehouse
in Vico's "chick magnet" custom 1989 Toyota truck.)

Its a great unit except mine had no old-style rca outputs for audio - the
only output other than the speakers behind the plastic grillwork was a fiber
optic port - compatible with Digital Dolby 5.1 so I spent another $70 for a
modern, used Aiwa A/V receiver off eBay - now it sounds great too!