From: Thomas Sitch [mailto:dreadfl...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 3:15 PM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com; Sheryl Rieck
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Mexico #18 of 20

Maybe I'm missing something, but the article reads: "20 of the world's most
dangerous places", not "the 20 most dangerous places."  Ergo it could be "20
sensational headlines of the worlds 1,000 most dangerous places."

Which means, in fact, that no hard journalism was involved ;)

Having a Mexican girlfriend and going to Mexico quite frequently I agree
with the general sentiment: places that cavers go (hinterlands) or primary
tourist destinations (Cancun, Acapulco) are just fine.  Areas with
narcotraffickers, boarder towns, and Mexico City are best avoided.

Maria insists that even Chiapas is quite safe for tourists these days.  The
caver incidents were just during the uprising, right?

Best Regards,

~~Thomas