It appears very likely that mankind is going to have human-like robots someday.

There was a story this week about a guy working on a robot girlfriend:

My question is how much more realistic would the robot have to get, before some
pervert would want to start humping it.

I know there are already people like that out there, because I have
seen video clips
of woman using a machine that has artificially male characteristics.

And I have seen ( but never used ) gadgets that simulate the female
organ, and this
appears to be a million dollar industry.

So lets say, just for the heck of it, that he makes this robot woman
capable of doing
the Monica Lewinsky.     How many guys would admit they gave it a whirl?

My theory is that men will first pay by the minute to rent these
robots in a private booth,
meaning a sexual robot could screw up to 100 men per day, or 700 per
week or 35,000
per year, presuming they only screw one man at a time and not in some
kind of orgy
fashion.     So if the robot cost 1 million, and each guy pays $ 100,
then it would pay
for itself in 3 years or less, presuming the owner of the club doesn't
pay taxes.    I am
thinking it will be like a taxi, in that other riders split the cost
of the ride.

For me, I think the robot would have to look nearly identical to
Paulina Porizkova

http://www.realitywanted.net/wp-content/2007/11/si_porizkova.jpg

before I would pay $ 100.    The robot would have to look like a
female before I would
even consider it.        Imagine though, if the fantasy experience
came with a tropical
island hut resembling Giligan's Island and Mary Ann or Ginger were willing to do
anything you asked?      I would sell the equity in my house.

I am getting goosebumps just thinking about it.       Unfortunately, I
won't live long
enough to see that.

Imagine if the robot gets daily use for a hundred years.     A person
could be screwing
the same robot that their grandfather sowed his oats on.

David