BOY!  Speaking of being non-productive...
After getting out of the hospital after my latest little heart attack, I
figured maybe I ought to go ahead and just spend some of the money I've been
hanging onto for retirement.
[What's a childless bachelor gonna do with all that bread if he kicks off
early?  Give it all to TCMA?]
So I went ahead and bought one of those flat panel LCD displays that I've
been wanting for so long.  (A new progressive level of couch potato-ism.)
Because some of the HD broadcasters also have "sideband" broadcasts - I've
picked up a few extra channels too.
And WOW!  The HD format is a very cool thing!  If anyone else has been
riding the fence about getting one - find a way to justify it!  I bought one
off eBay from an outfit right here in Austin called "redhotresources".  I
got a brand new - with warranty - 37" Vizio LCD (opened box) for $549 - paid
cash - no tax - and picked it up myself - no handling OR shipping charges.
That's about $200 less than what you'd pay at Sams or Walmart.  They've got
great deals on larger ones too.  Check 'em out!
Last night I hooked my computer up to it and watched the DVD of 2001: A
Space Odyssey
What a TRIP!
I'd like to show *Koyaanisqatsi* some time at my place for those who *should
be* interested in the film.  If interested please contact me - we'll make it
an event - it looks fantastic on widescreen HD.  (Plus the super-cooper
hybrid sound system does a lot for it too.)
-WaV