Hey, Gill:

Why doncha offer your generator as a loaner (is it mobile?) to any needy Houston/Galveston area cavers? That way, it doesn't have to labor in vain. ... ;-) ... And for some lucky Gulf Coast resident, it would beat sittin' in the dark or trying to clean up flooding damage by carbide lamp.

Cheers,
Jay

Gill Ediger wrote:
We've had 3 hurricanes hit Texas so far this season and at my house in Austin we've received a whopping 4/10s of an inch (reading to the top of the meniscus) absolute grand total for the entire lot of um--together. I saw about a hundred times as much rain in the deserts of Northern Chihuahua a couple of weeks ago as I have in Austin since getting back to the center of the caving universe in April. As far as I'm concerned they might as well have not even scheduled any of these damned hurricanes if they're not gonna be of any more benefit than these stinking 3 were. What a worthless fizzle.... Where can I get my money back?
--Ediger

ps: I ran my 10kw generator for 15 minutes yesterday (at no load) in remembrance of those poor souls in Houston and Galveston who'll be without power for the next 3 weeks or so. --GE

pps: A 3 inch diameter limb fell off one of my ash trees this afternoon with little more than a 5 knot wind. Surely a sign! Providence, perhaps??? Go figger.... --GE