I would like to echo Allan's email and request y'all send photos to

texascav...@yahoo.com

so as not to overwhelm the email server here at work for use in the next
Texas Caver.

I believe I can speak for all by saying we naturally are interested in
photos from the mud wrestling. There should be no shortage of pix, as I
saw ~40 photographers in the general vicinity of the action Saturday
night.

Any other photos you have will be used and greatly appreciated.

I would like to solicit your thoughts, observations, ideas, stories, and
reports from TCR for inclusion in the next issue.

Some of my general observations and favorite moments were:

*       Walking by and then enjoying Ediger's hilarious slideshow of his
adventures and misadventures caving in Chihuahua. I especially enjoyed
the shot of you with a chicken on your head!
                        Any chance of getting that photo, Gil? I hope
y'all realize what a treasure we have in this state and caving community
with this guy!

*       Taking some kayaks out for a test drive before I go out and
purchase one. Thanks to the couple who let me borrow theirs. I forgot
y'all's names, but have made a decision.

*       The UT and Aggie Grotto "Chug and Slide" competition was great
and glad to see no one was seriously hurt, other than some grass burns!
It's great to see an increase of all of the new, young cavers at TCR and
other TSA functions. I appreciate (and utilize) their energy and
contagious enthusiasm and it is most welcome!

*       Peter Sprouse's always excellent slideshow on the side of his
newest military restoration project. I forgot the specs on what it was,
Peter. I just remember a 1962 something or another.

*       Chatting with all of the folks at Registration (thanks for
helping out, Lyndon) and putting faces with names. I especially enjoyed
visiting with cavers from locales as far flung as Ontario, Russia,
Ukraine, Cayman Islands, and San Luis Potosi. We need to give an award
out for the person who travelled the furthest to attend TCR.

*       All the cute babies and little kids in attendance!

*       The hardworking folks from the Bexar Grotto who always pitch in
to produce an excellent meal on Friday nights and the TCMA breakfast on
Saturday mornings.

*       Vico and Stefan's cooking crew was outstanding, as always.

*       A coconut bra and grass skirt wearing Joe Datri and his lovely
assistants bringing out appetizers to those of us waiting in line for
the feed. It was much appreciated!

*       Ernie Garza winning, but not modeling, the lacy lingerie he won
Saturday night.

If you have any other posts, please list them here or send them my way
for inclusion in the TC.

Thanks to Allan and all of the folks who came out!

Mark Alman