I brought all my glass home with me & put it in my curbside recycling, along with a few cans & gatorade bottles from around my tent. Some years, I've hauled home a little extra -- I'm really glad someone's taking on recycling for TCR these days -- thanks!

Chris

On Oct 14, 2008, at 5:22 PM, Jenny Holt wrote:

What about the glass items...were they also recycled? I realize most people don't bring glass to outdoor recreation areas to help keep broken glass out of the water and off of the riverbanks, but some people forget. I saw boxes of glass bottles and was hoping they were also donated.
Thanks again Sam for you efforts!
Jenny

From: a...@oztotl.com
To: youn...@centurytel.net; Texascavers@texascavers.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:35:37 -0500
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] recycling at TCR

Thank you for all your work, Sam.

Allan
----- Original Message -----
From: Sam Young
To: texas cavers
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:31 PM
Subject: [Texascavers] recycling at TCR

The recycling containers at TCR captured a total of 14 pounds of plastic bottles and 26 pounds of aluminum - one pretty good pickup load. The material was donated to Green Guy Recycling of San Marcos and the cavers were given the credit for the donation.

factoid: Making aluminum from recycled material requires only 5% of the amount of energy required to make it from ore.