From: Jules Jenkins [mailto:julesje...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:46 PM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: [Texascavers] Filling in a spring w/rocks and gravel to prevent flow?
HUH?

Latest breaking news from Ch. 8 in Austin
Salado spring bubbles up controversy
http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=216249

I know, hey there's a spring and we're in DROUGHT, quick fill it in, it's a
hazard!  DUH!

"The City of Salado used a tractor to dump rocks and gravel back into the
spring.

Mayor Merle Stalcup said he acted in the community's best interest."

Read it and weep.