> Minton, Mark wrote:
>       Ediger said:
>
>  >Don't try to search for Santa Engracia, Aurora, or Conrado
> Castillo--they are not indexed. I guess they can be added, can't they.
>
>       Sure.  You can add a placemark (the thumb tack in the tool
> bar) for any location and name it.
>
>  >Up until recently the low res wouldn't allow me to view Conrado
> Castillo with any degree of detail. Today's imagery seems to be much better.
>
>       And that's not even high resolution around Conrado Castillo.
> There are random areas of the mountains with really high resolution,
> which generally show up as lighter gray or brown boxes in large views.
> Ejido (Puerto) Purificación is in one.  There, you can zoom in and see
> individual trees and their shadows in less dense areas.  You can follow
> most roads even through the trees because the canopy opens up
> periodically.  You can even look for big cave entrances.  Check out El
> Hundido at 23.864144, -99.415234.  Why the powers that be decided to
> zoom in on these areas is a mystery, but it’ll be really nice when all
> of Mexico is available at that resolution!
>
> Mark Minton

You can also use Wikimapia (www.wikimapia.org) to add items where ever in the
world you wish to!  For example, I added the location to the New Mexico
sinkhole that was the subject of prior Texascaver rantings. Find it at
http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=32.7319853&lon=-104.1278923&z=17&l=0&m=h&v=2.

Note that since it is a Wiki, anyone can view your postings and change them
anonymously.  You probably don't want to use it to point out that new cave you
just found...

Randy Baker
Bexar Grotto Webmaster
San Antonio, TX