Timely question (for me): there's an as-yet-un-sprouted one in my kitchen right
now, by the old toothpicks suspending-in-a-water-glass technique.  I was able
to get one going this way when I was a kid in the Florida panhandle, but that
was in the cold 1960s decade (low temp for Panama City hit 10 degrees during
one cold snap) and it froze when about 3-ft high.  I figured I'd try again and
let global warming help for a change.

Roger Moore
Houston

In a message dated 07/31/08 15:41:06 Central Daylight Time, wavyca...@gmail.com