Also I should add that not all programs like these 'play by the rules'
You may have to try and hunt them down and kill them.
The result of application murder - as I like to call it - may result in a
confused system registry.
The way to do this is to find the culprit on your hard drive and erase the
executable or the directory it resides in.
Sometimes a registry will rebuild itself appropriately when you do this -
other times it may not and you will get a pesky reminder every once and a
while that the system cant find some program what you really didnt want
anyway!
To find the culprit - you can do a system search for a file named
[application you have the hate for].
You may have to run 'Regedit', go into the edit tab and do a "find" for the
name of that program.
When it finds it in the registry, it will indicate where it resides on your
hard drive.

Ideally, every program should have a means to delete itself, but
unfortunately the world aint a perfect place (and sometimes even the
lawmakers and police are corrupt and are only serving their interests and
not that of  the public.)

In a nutshell -
WaVy