John Brooks said:

>Splitting is one "fair" way to deal with the funds. But it is not the only way
>to deal with this issue fairly. Discussing this as a group and deciding on a
>course action, and determining a suitable action in an open, civil,
>transperant and democratic process is fair....

      Agreed.  If we want to be really democratic about it, we could vote on
how to disperse the funds.  Next time TSA has an election (no need to have a
special one), one could check off TCMA, TCC or any other group worthy of
consideration.  Then the money could be divided up based on the number of votes
each receives.  Voting for more than one would be allowed.  One could even
choose percentages to be given to each, although that would make tallying the
results a bit messier.

      Carl Kunath said:

>Let's not forget the Texas Speleological Survey  -- an organization worthy of
>the support of all Texas cavers.

      TSS doesn't own caves do they?  I think this money should go toward land
acquisition, in keeping with its original purpose.

      Stefan Creaser said:

>>If one of the properties is more desirable to Texas cavers as a whole, then
>>that's where the money should go.
>In this case I think there is more to it than that.

      If there is, then we should certainly discuss it.  What else do you think
is involved?

Mark Minton