You will soon be able to buy a video card for your computer
with 2 processing chips.       Expect to pay over $ 1,500 at first,
but the price is supposed to get down to the $ 500 range.

I remember about 10 years ago, I was doing computer-aided
drafting on a PC that had a 2 megabyte video card.

I really think there is a lot of hype behind the video card business.
Personally, I wouldn't spend over $ 80 on a video card, but I
am not a gamer.

If I had the time and the money, I would like to play with the flight simulator
programs.       But if I had time and money, I would rather go
hiking in the mountains or caving.

It is likely that the future of computers is going to be more video oriented.
For example, video-conferercing, video-internet phone calls, web-movies,
etc. are surely going to become more powerful and more mainstream.
So maybe a teraflop video card will be necessary, however, more importantly,
its drivers will need to work smoothly with Leopard or Vista or Linux.

I would much rather have a cheap video card that works excellent with
Vista than a ridiculously expensive card that has to be tinkered with just
to get it to operate.

I would like my computer to use less electricity.       I think that is going to
be important someday.       I guess it is possible that the video card with
2 processors will use less electricity than 2 video cards linked together,
or 1 card that has a super powerful processor.

David Locklear

Ref:

http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/39029.aspx