Just south of Yuma, Arizona and a few miles southeast of San Luis del
Rio Colorado,
Sonora, is a very large flat chunk of sand.

http://www.maps-of-mexico.com/sonora-state-mexico/sonora-state-mexico-map-a0.gif

I spent a day in the hot sun out there with my tiny Mazda GLC stuck in the sand.

I was doing a report proposing the world's largest solar plan based on
the design
used at the one in Barstow, California.

This chunk of land receives more sun-light than just about anywhere on earth.

Unfortuantely, my report concluded this would be a terrible place for a solar
plant.        Sandstorms destory the solar panels quickly.
Earthquakes break
the solar panels.      Workers moral living in such a hostile
environment would be
low.      Working outside in the desert sun and breathing the sand would be
unhealthy.

I toured the plant in Barstow.      They had the same problems.
But that plant
provides a whole lot of power to San Bernadino.

A funny thing happened to me out there while I was baking in the sun.      The
guy that rescued me was president of a solar engineering company in
Phoenix, Arizona.

This was one of the last places that isolated indians lived without every having
contact with Europeans.     The mysterious "Sand Papago."

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hia_C-ed_O'odham