This is for NSS Convention attendees only.

If I go to Florida, I was hoping to do some swimming
and tubing, most likely at the Ichetucknee River.

http://www.ichetucknee.org/springs.html

Is there a better place near the convention to go tubing?

Is anybody else going to the Ichetucknee to do the same?

Or would I be better off to save my money and go tubing on the
Rio Frio, or Guadalupe or San Marcos or some other Texas
river?

On a related note,

I have mentioned this prior to past conventions,

but how do you justify going
to the convention if you have to take off work without pay,
or spend a lot of money to go?

I know most people only
attend the conventions that are in their region, or they are retired
or they are very lucky and have a caving-friendly job that
encourages or lets them go without missing pay.

Every time, I sit down and think seriously about going, I
see the $ sign and think about how much fun that would
buy me in San Luis Potosi.

I presume there are a lot of cavers out there that have just
1 week of vacation per year, so they can't attend the
convention.

But I had a ton of fun at the Indiana convention, and the Maine
convention was one of my best vacations ever, followed by
the Bellingham convention.      And the West Virginia convention
was a great place to go caving.       And the Texas and Michigan
conventions were also fun.      And California had a lot of scenery.

So how can I skip Florida?       I told my wife I was going, and
she said "Not till you pay the house note" and then she went on a
rampage about all the other bills piling up.     What a party
pooper!!

David Locklear