Posted for Sofia.  If interested, contact her directly, although I might
be able to answer some questions.
-- Crash
------------------------------------
Volunteer Opportunity

Introduction:
An Antioch University New England graduate student seeks research
volunteers to assist with a bat study throughout Central and West Texas.

Volunteers will assist with basic data collection in and around caves in
Texas. The study examines the roosting requirements of cave myotis
(Myotis velifer). Microclimate and physical parameters of caves as well
as conditions outside of caves will be recorded. Handling of bats is not
necessary for this study. This study will occur between June 29th and
September 4th 2008, but a commitment of any amount of time from a few
days to weeks is welcome. We will be working long days in hot weather
and camping at or near the field sites. Flexibility and enthusiasm is a
must.

Qualifications:
* Caving experience
* Caving equipment and vertical gear
* Ability to work long days in hot weather
* Ability to take direction
* Works well in groups and independently
* Comfortable with camping in remote locations
* Knowledge of Texas plant and animal species is preferred
* Experience in scientific data collection preferred

Compensation:
There will be no monetary compensation; however, transportation and
meals will be provided.

Contact Information:
Interested volunteers should contact Sofia Angelo at
sofia_ang...@antiochne.edu.