The 30 min were devoted to the ease of access by reporters to the locals in
Lebanon - Iraq - the West Bank and more. One of the reporters was talking about
attempting to over pay a taxi in Afganistan as he had been very nice and she
wanted to help him out. The man called her back and tried to give it back. The
reporters he talked to had been in the general Mid East area for some years
each.
All of the reporters talked about the individuals they had contact with as
nice. There was some talk about Israel was glad to have the holes in the fence
as it gave them the chance to let Egypt take over some of the 'care' of the
Palestinian problem. The take on the subject is very different from the view of
any US reporters. The BBC tends to have people who stay in an area for many
years and have deeper understanding it seems.
This was a weekly show that comes on about 3 am Central on Saturday. Johnston
is hosting it each week. I tend to turn on BBC when I wake up for no reason and
sleep is just gone.

The next one was about africa and the effect on the economy with the recent
violence in Kenya I think. The reporter there was Dame Virgie ? (sp? ) and she
has a wonderful ability to talk about that as she was born there and lived
there prior to going to England to some University. I learned that the tourist
planes took quite a large amount of fresh produce from green beans to flowers
back to Europe. The cut back on flights is a big blow to economy as well as the
loss of many reservations to safari camps. Some had laid off up to 30 or more
personel out of 60 total on the payroll. This also hurts many other countries
that have to get access to the ocean by way of Kenya.

There was quite a long story on China and her banks.
Naturaly the British are at odds over a new EU change.
Yes,when I hear 'britney' then the radio goes to BBC.
Quinta