I clicked on some of the sponsor icons to see what there was.

For example:

http://www.speleomag.com/index0.html

Did they really fly a full-size hot-air balloon in a cave?      Why?
That was over 4 years ago and I didn't know anything about it.

It is my opinion, that caving news needs to move away from paper
and become more user friendly on-line.     Note on the link above
all the colorful photographics, artistic graphics and fancy words.
There is even a photo of Mr. Petzl himself.      And the video of the
hot-air balloon flying in the cave.

I think cavers in the near future are going to have to develop web-master
skills.     It may be more important criteria for caving than taking apart
a carbide lamp, which apparently at least one grotto still requires for
membership.

David Locklear