I am posting an email from the director of camp eagle. To respond please email
him at the address he provides at the end of the email.
~Lisa

For Immediate Release!

Texas Cavers,

Camp Eagle is hosting a ridge-walking event this April 18-20.  Through some
interesting circumstances, our cave potential, and the advice of many cave
minded people, we have been prompted to host a ridge-walking event.  Camp Eagle
is a summer camp, retreat center and premier adventure destination located on
1400 acres in the Texas Hill Country right at the headwaters of the Nueces
River.  We are located a few miles or less from many local caves, such as:
Poppy Cave, Red Arrow Cave, Devils Sinkhole, Blue Hole a large spring, and
other un-registered and un-mapped small caves.  However, none of these caves
are on our property and we are going to look for one.

A few grottos have been contacted in Texas and they have expressed significant
interest in coming out.  We as Camp Eagle are interested in learning more and
having many groups of cavers come together for a fun time, networking,
ridge-walking, and to help us out.  We are making available: hostel-style
lodging for up to 100 people, camping sites with a bathhouse, our trails,
waterfront, our beautiful property, cliffs, coffee shop, small kitchen, etc for
this event.  We are looking for this to be a very laid back sort of thing with
lots of room for adventure.  The cost is free, with the exception of short
order meals for those interested.

One interesting thing that prompted the start of all this were two reports of a
found cave on our property from two unrelated group of hikers and adventure
racers.  The last group said they closed off the entrance due to the unstable
look of the ceiling.  Further investigation has shown some good signs of a cave
but nothing for sure.

Basically, we as the staff of Camp Eagle no very little about caves and looking
for one but are very interested in learning more and possibly finding one on
our property.

If you are interested and would like more information please contact me and
check us out on the web.  Thanks.

Matt Reed
Camp Eagle
Retreats Director