From: O'Bryan, Lisa Renee [mailto:lisarene...@neo.tamu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:44 PM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: [Texascavers] Camp Eagle Ridge Walk Opportunity

I am posting an email from the director of camp eagle. To respond please
email him at the address he provides at the end of the email.
~Lisa

For Immediate Release!

Texas Cavers,

Camp Eagle is hosting a ridge-walking event this April 18-20.  Through
some interesting circumstances, our cave potential, and the advice of
many cave minded people, we have been prompted to host a ridge-walking
event.  Camp Eagle is a summer camp, retreat center and premier
adventure destination located on 1400 acres in the Texas Hill Country
right at the headwaters of the Nueces River.  We are located a few miles
or less from many local caves, such as: Poppy Cave, Red Arrow Cave,
Devils Sinkhole, Blue Hole a large spring, and other un-registered and
un-mapped small caves.  However, none of these caves are on our property
and we are going to look for one.

A few grottos have been contacted in Texas and they have expressed
significant interest in coming out.  We as Camp Eagle are interested in
learning more and having many groups of cavers come together for a fun
time, networking, ridge-walking, and to help us out.  We are making
available: hostel-style lodging for up to 100 people, camping sites with
a bathhouse, our trails, waterfront, our beautiful property, cliffs,
coffee shop, small kitchen, etc for this event.  We are looking for this
to be a very laid back sort of thing with lots of room for adventure.
The cost is free, with the exception of short order meals for those
interested.

One interesting thing that prompted the start of all this were two
reports of a found cave on our property from two unrelated group of
hikers and adventure racers.  The last group said they closed off the
entrance due to the unstable look of the ceiling.  Further investigation
has shown some good signs of a cave but nothing for sure.

Basically, we as the staff of Camp Eagle no very little about caves and
looking for one but are very interested in learning more and possibly
finding one on our property.

If you are interested and would like more information please contact me
and check us out on the web.  Thanks.

Matt Reed
Camp Eagle
Retreats Director