I was passing through El Paso the other night as well, though I did stop.

On the way back I was trying to find a listenable radio station and stumbled
onto 93.5 FM, which was probably broadcast from Alpine or somewhere else.
The program on was pre-recorded, and was an interview with Texas
photographer Blair Pitman. This was at about 9:00 CDT Monday, November 26.
The host was a guy named John Glendennie (your spelling may vary) and he
sounded English, but Blair came through loud and long as a Texan, even
though he stated he has only been here since age 6.

The part of the interview I heard did not have any caving references. He
mentioned working for the Houston newspaper, spending years documenting the
Big Thicket before it was a Park, and that in fact the National Geographic
article that featured his photographs may have been very influential in
having the land designated by the Feds. He went on talking about his time
photographing celebrities; the story about getting drunk with Arthur Fiedler
after (after, right!?) a Houston Symphony concert, scotch of course, was
especially memorable. The guy with no shirt in the Thicket who invited him
in for coffee was cool as well. He was talking about a book he wrote called
"Tales from the Porch" and originating from Terilingua, and one of the tales
included was the oft repeated experience of Dwight Deal, "Dirt Doc" that
Blair titled "Get Your Goat" involving alcohol, a camp fire, a deep mine, a
beer can, a railroad tie, and the afore mentioned goat.

Blair came across as highly conversational, a little ornery, and very
interested in people and Nature. Does anyone know about whether this
interview is available on recorded media? A copy should be on file with the
TSS at a minimum. I am sure more of the interview was broadcast before of
later and most likely included caving tales.