Graham, Aspen, Sue and I were visiting Lee's Ferry in Arizona on
Thanksgiving Day looking at the put in point for the Grand Canyon of the
Colorado, admiring the scenery, and checking out the geology.  I always
wanted to visit this site and will some day do the canyon.  Graham is
finishing up his first semester at Northern Arizona University and
enjoying Flagstaff.

That evening, we went to Page, Arizona where the only place open on
Thanksgiving Day to eat was Denny's Restaurant.  We had a nice quite and
relatively untraditional Thanksgiving meal.  I found it interesting that
more than 300 years after the first Thanksgiving, here we sat being
served by a nice Navaho woman.

On Friday, we visited Antelope slot canyon out side of Page.  This is a
very fine but short slot canyon in the Navaho Sandstone then toured the
Glen Canyon Dam.

We left Flagstaff today with the hopes of getting to Van Horn, Texas but
decided to call it a day in El Paso where it has been snowing for a few
hours.  There is about 2 inches of snow on the ground.

Geary