Hey all,

Sorry for the non-caving-related post here, but I wanted to let you all know
that I will be selling raffle tickets at TCR for a 1947 Cessna 140 (airplane),
as part of Houston's 1940 Air Terminal Museum's Win-A-Plane Fundraising Raffle.
 Tickets are $50 each, and you may purchase them with cash, check (made payable
to Houston Aeronautical Heritage Society) or credit card.  As per the below
information, the drawing for a winning ticket will be held in July 2008, or
sooner if all 2,500 tickets have been sold before then.  You  have a good
chance of winning, with only 2,500 tickets being sold!

All proceeds from the raffle go to the Houston Aeronautical Heritage Society
and will be used for the expenses of the contest, and for operating expenses of
the 1940 Air Terminal Museum, located at William P. Hobby Airport.

I know that the Greater Houston Grotto alone has had a few members who are also
pilots, so perhaps there are other caver/pilots out there, too.  And even if
you're not a pilot (yet) - you can buy a ticket!  If you win, then you can take
flying lessons.  :)

If you are interested, please feel free to email me in advance to let me know,
and come find me in the Greater Houston Grotto camping area over the weekend at
TCR.

I can email you a picture of the airplane if you'd like. Or click the links
below to see the plane (and, um, me).   It's a sweet-looking ride!

http://www.wingsandwheels.org/images/Win_Me_Emily_sm.jpg

http://www.wingsandwheels.org/images/Win_Me_Francisco_sm.jpg

1940 Air Terminal Museum link:    http://www.1940airterminal.org/

Thanks!
Emily McGowan

Greater Houston Grotto

em...@sbcglobal.net

1940 AIR TERMINAL MUSEUM WIN-A-PLANE FUNDRAISING RAFFLE

On July 21, 2007 the 1940 Air Terminal museum will unveil its new recently
acquired 1947 Cessna 140 airplane, which it will give to one lucky raffle
ticket holder. Raffle tickets are available for $50 each, and no more than
2,500 tickets will be sold. The drawing will be held at the Museum's July 2008
Wings & Wheels open house, or a sooner Wings & Wheels if all tickets have been
sold sooner. The raffle airplane will be on display at all Wings & Wheels, at
fly-ins and air shows and at popular flying destinations throughout the
contest. The Cessna 140 is easy to fly, and inexpensive to operate and
maintain. The raffle plane won the 2004 "Best Continuously Maintained Antique"
award at Oshkosh, and sports red trim over a gleaming polished aluminum
airframe.