This is a continuation of a post on October 30th, concerning
my new job.

I am now a full-time employee at my new job.      Things started
out kind of rough at first.     I got into a disagreement with a
co-worker who I shared a tiny office with.     The boss had
to move me to the other end of the building and to a closet-like space
in the attic.     I felt like a kid in detention after school.      But now
I like my little closet.

I have left Harris County for good.      Most of my life now revolves
around my subdivision in east Fort Bend County.   It is a booming
area.   A community college, and a library and an
HEB are being built right now less than 4 miles from our house.
( We usually have to drive 15 miles in traffic to Sugarland to run our
errands. )

I do have to
commute to Brazoria County to go to work.  It is an easy commute
compared with what I had before, and what many of my neighbors have.
But there are 3 revenue speed traps along the way.
They have caught me once already.

I am writing technical reports about machinery for chemical plants.
Mostly simple stuff like blowers, compressors, and pumps.
That was not what I was hired to do, but it doesn't require much
use of the brain.     The company claims they want me to do
their drafting work using AutoCAD, but that hasn't happened yet.

http://www.rpm-services.com/index.html

I think I get a paid day off on March 21st, if I make it that long.
I don't expect to have to work evenings, or weekends or over-time
any time soon.      So I am starting to spend more time with my
daughter - which is my number 1 goal in my life.

The only thing now stopping me from planning a cave trip,
is that I am physically way out of shape, and that I need to get
caught up on bills that have spiraled out of control.     I hope
to make some progress on those 2 issues in the next few
months.

My only caving goal at the moment is to try to make it to
the NSS Convention in Florida.

Hopefully, I can go on a real caving trip later this year.

David Locklear