David -

If some suspender-wearing guy named Rundberg comes around your cubicle
asking for a red stapler - don't make an issue of it.  Just let him have
it.  Don't dwell on it.  They are easily available at most office supply
stores.  No need to burn the place down.

I think I saw it all in a movie once...
(I just don't think I want to go to work today.)
-WaV