*From:* Travis Scott [mailto:tra...@oztotl.com]
*Sent:* Friday, January 11, 2008 10:42 AM
*To:* texascavers@texascavers.com
*Subject:* [Texascavers] Re:OT-Evolution

I have to chime in here and make a comment regarding the general attitude and lack of respect of what seems to be many-a-caver on this list...

After taking this conversation from being a rude belittling argument and turning it into a nice pleasant discussion regarding evolution and religion (which I think many people were glad to finally see, thanks Brian), it has now been taken full circle to the offensive, rude, and dogmatic. I don't understand why the people on Texascavers can't be polite, respectful and intelligent, especially when it comes to the possibility of severely offending some fellow cavers, no matter what the topic, religious or not.

This conversation had actually matured from this sort of content and now is back to crap again, thanks for that.

I am almost constantly amazed at how rude, arrogant, dogmatic, and down right offensive "Texas Cavers" can be. I find it impressive that these people think they are soooo right, that ANYONE who believes something different is, let me quote, "stupid". This is a public forum, can't people make the slightest effort to be polite and respectful to each other? Do you people act this way at work, to family, to friends? If not, why do it to your fellow cavers?

I do know of a good few folks that have actually been completely turned off from and have quit caving by "cavers" that act this way, specifically on this listserve too. By the way, there are also land owners on this list, these are the people we need to respect and make the biggest effort to show that we are somewhat intelligent, RESPECTFUL and professional to. Piss them off and how will you ever go caving (whats that?)?

On another note, I agree with Linda. This whole thing is way off topic. This list has increasingly gotten worse about OT subjects over the last few months and is getting quite frustrating. In fact, another list was even been set up so people that really care about Caving (whats that again?) can actually talk about caving and not have to filter through this shit to find it..
Sorry, had to throw that out..

Travis