Hmm, interesting.

Whereas i am totally not into religion, creationist or otherwise, Brian
does put forward a good argument. Not like i'm going to convert or
anything like that though...

I hadn't realised that creationists actually accepted evolution, though
in my limited knowledge (I can't be bothered to check it out) of the
subject i thought they thought the world was only, say, 5000yrs old and
so evolution would have only taken a few small steps since then.

So where did it all begin? Try this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_record Looks like the fossil record
goes back further than i thought myself. Where did those first organisms
come from? I guess we then go to statistics; it just had to happen
sometime...

Thanks for putting forward reasoned arguments Brian, and shame on some
people for not doing the same. I think at the next TCR i'll sponsor a
discussion on this subject - i'll provide some beer and snacks to keep
the parties going :-)

Right, back to microprocessors... at least we know when they started and
where they came from.

Stefan