Unfortunately, this is not the 30th anniversary of the Aggie Speleological
Society.  That distinction passed us by 4 years ago.  The first  meeting of ASS
occurred in September 1973 and was attended by 55 prospective  members;  in
large part due to the efforts of Alicia Wisener, one of the  grotto's first
officers.  The grotto published the Guano  newsletter from 1974 to 1977, the
Undergrounder in 1979, and the  ASS Explorer sporadically from 1995 to present.

You can read  about the history of ASS in 50 Years of Texas Caving, which will
be arriving from the printers in early December.

But don't let the 34th anniversary of the grotto pass at TCR without  raising
a toast to old traditions, past and present ASSes, and future memories  !!
ASS is one of the oldest student grottos around.

Jerry.

In a message dated 10/18/2007 3:45:19 P.M. Central Standard Time,