I don't know a whole lot about this subject, but what about
the claim that the sides and bottom of the can don't have
enought Al to recycle.  I'm told they only recover the Al
in the top of the can.  I guess they just trask the rest.

Mike

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, riordan.br...@gmail.com wrote:
>Subject:       Re: [Texascavers] RE: OT- aluminum bottled beer
>   Date:       Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:18:45 -0500
>   From:       "Brian Riordan" <riordan.br...@gmail.com>
>     To:       "Minton, Mark" <mmin...@nmhu.edu>
>    CC:       "Texas Cavers" <texascavers@texascavers.com>
>

>I had some guy pitch the aluminum bottle as an engineering marvel that makes
>beer colder somehow... I think
the reality of the matter is that aluminum conducts
>heat far better than glass, so when you put your hand around an aluminum
>bottle, all the cold from your beer
inside is quickly and efficiently being transfered to
>your warm hand.  Glass on the other hand will stay cold on its inner wall and
>warm on its outer- making it
seem like the beer is warmer.

>In short: aluminum cans and bottles will not only get colder in your cooler
>quicker, but also get warmer in
your hand quicker.