"Golf is a good walk spoiled".

Mark Twain

________________________________

From: John P Brooks [mailto:jpbrook...@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 11:01 AM
To: Minton, Mark; texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] RE: Dangers of caving

        >People get injured or killed playing golf?!

              Killed probably not, but injured, sure.  Golfer's elbow,
for example.

        What about the risk of being struck by lightening while playing
golf? That is probably more likely to occur than having a caving
accident. And of course there is the threat of drive by shootings while
on the golf course. And then there is the dreaded fashion mistake of
wearing seer sucker shorts before Memorial Day....which can lead to a
lifetime banishment from the country club....forcing one onto to
Municipal Courses adjacent to the civic zoo which might lead to an
escape by dangerous animals....and one encountering a tiget on the 13th
hole.
        Personally, I will take my chances underground....as I have no
desire to walk around a field with a lightening rod in my hands.