I was more surprised my the inductee's high NSS numbers,
like 48603, and several others just below it.

This was the 1st year that there were no 4 digit numbers
and the lowest was 13758.

Also, 24 percent of the inductees had a last name that begins
with the letter "M," which leads me to believe the judges were
subliminially encouraged to vote for someone with a name
with a name like "mudpuppy."

Wasn't there somebody on the list who used to cave in Texas?

To give you an idea how hard it is to get on the list, one inductee
wrote the book for the IMAX caving movie, and he wrote a caving
book, and newspaper articles on caves.    Can you guess his
name?

Another inductee, has presented award winning photos at the NSS
photo salon for several years.

David Locklear