Louise,

I agree completely, and I've used Photoshop for some of the same reasons you
have - most importantly personally to improve the legibility of scans of many
19th and early 20th century family letters and other documents.  The program
helped enormously in scanning the journal kept by one of my German Texan
ancestors as he came across the Atlantic from Bremen in 1850.  The seas,
unfortunately, must have gotten rough because he abandoned the journal well
before reaching New Orleans.  And of course Photoshop is wonderful for
restoring old pictures!

Roger Moore
Houston

In a message dated 11/14/07 11:19:44 Central Standard Time,