I am looking at the map again of the route to drive to Marengo,
Indiana from Texas.

Is anybody driving the backroads thru Tennesee or Kentucky?    If so, where
do you plan to cross the Ohio River at?    Hawesville?  or Brandenburg?   I do
not see any bridges or ferries between those 2 crossings.

The interstate route thru southeastern Missouri and Illinois looks
kind of boring.

I assume "Cave In Rock State Park" is a tourist trap?

http://www.kentuckytourism.com/Listing/2293/

Has anybody travelled this route in the last year and might know of some
new roads or new attractions?

According to one web-site, the newest bridge is a by-pass route around
eastern Owensboro to the town of Rockport, Indiana.     Has anybody driven
this route?

If I get to go, I plan to spend the 1st night in Hot Springs, Arkansas with
my aunt and her son.    It looks like about a 9 hour trip to Marengo from
there.    But I would rather make it an overnight trip and see stuff along
the way.

Is there anything around the Evansville, Indiana area worth seeing along
the way to Marengo?    Or what about far western Kentucky?

According to this web-site, there is not much to do in Western Kentucky.

http://www.westkentucky.com/attracti.htm

Has anybody ridden the Hardin Southern Railroad lately?   Their web-site
is down.

Is there anything in Breckenridge County, Kentucky worth visiting?

I have flown to 4 of the 6 NSS Conventions that I have attended, and
am considering driving this time.    ( Is it going to be cheaper to fly? )

David