Cave in Rock, isn't much of a trap.  The state park is quite nice, the
cave is short yet free and has a great view of the river.  Taking the
ferry across the river is cool too.  I was there just two weeks ago
too.

Check out the Clement Mineral Museum in Marion, KY which is just south
of the ferry crossing. Nice collection and the people there are quite
friendly. Admission is $5.

> I assume "Cave In Rock State Park" is a tourist trap?
>
> http://www.kentuckytourism.com/Listing/2293/
>
> Has anybody travelled this route in the last year and might know of
> some
> new roads or new attractions?

 - Jack Wood

University of Illinois at Chicago
Earth and Environmental Sciences Department
845 W. Taylor Ave. (M/C 186)
Chicago, IL 60607
(312) 413-9695