I think the idea of a 30th anniversary celebration of the Aggie
Speleological Society at TCR is a good one. It is also a good opportunity to
recognize some exceptional ASS members in a good humored Aggie way. For
example, the following awards and recognitions could me made:

Big ASS: The Aggie caver with the greatest combined measurements of height
and girth.

Tight ASS: The Aggie caver with the best performance in the squeeze box.

Kiss ASS: The Aggie caver voted as the most affectionate.

Hard ASS: The Aggie caver voted as having done the toughest caving trips.

Smart ASS: The Aggie caver or cavers that graduated from A&M with the
highest degree (can be awarded to several people in case more than one
person has the same degree).

Wise ASS: The Aggie caver voted as the most philosophical.

Dumb ASS: To avoid inadvertent hard feeling, Aggie cavers would nominate
themselves and others would vote for the person who did the most bone-headed
things on a cave trip(s).

Half-ASS: An honorary recognition for cavers who were never ASS members but
have been good friends to the ASS.

I'm sure others can think of more. My suggestion is serious and I regret
that I won't be able to attend TCR this year to see if anyone picks up on
this idea and to see how it goes.

George