I was able to save $ 6.20 on a plane ticket by clicking on the Continental
Airlines banner on "Yahoo Maps."

I am flying to Louisville on the morning of the 20th.     If anybody wants to do
the same, and split a rental car; let me know.     I will hopefully have a car
by next week.

The cheapest flights seem to be to St. Louis, but for me it involved too much
of a layover in Dallas.     After checking various airports, airlines
and prices,
it only cost a little more to fly to the nearest airport to the
convention ( SDF ).

Cincinatti seemed to be way too pricey.

Here are some helpful airport codes"

      TEXAS

Abilene, TX (ABI)

Amarillo, TX (AMA)

Austin, TX (AUS)

College Station, TX (CLL)

Corpus Christi, TX (CRP)

Dallas, TX - Love Field (DAL)

Dallas, TX - Dallas/Ft Worth Intl. (DFW)

El Paso, TX (ELP)

Harlingen, TX (HRL)

Houston, TX - Hobby (HOU)

Houston, TX - Intercontinental (IAH)

Kilgore/Gladewater, TX (GGG)

Killeen, TX (ILE)

Laredo, TX (LRD)

Longview, TX (GGG)

Lubbock, TX (LBB)

Luckenbach, TX ( BEER )

Mcallen, TX (MFE)

Midland/Odessa, TX (MAF)

San Angelo, TX (SJT)

San Antonio, TX (SAT)

Wichita Falls, TX (SPS)

 Airports near Indiana:

Belleville, IL (BLV)

Bloomington, IL (BMI)

Bowling Green, KY (BWG)

Carbondale, IL (MDH)

Cincinnati, OH (CVG)

Columbus, OH (CMH)

Evansville, IN (EVV)       [ Recommended ]

Fort Wayne, IN (FWA)

Indianapolis, IN (IND)

Gary, IN (GYY)

Lafayette, IN (LAF)

Louisville, KY (SDF)       [ Recommended ]

Marion, IL (MWA)

Nashville, TN (BNA)      [ Recommended ]

Paducah, KY (PAH)    [ I didn't try this one ]

South Bend, IN (SBN)

Saint Louis, MO (STL)   [ possibly the cheapest ]

Save this as a wordpad file, and you can use it for future
trip planning.    Or I can e-mail you a wordpad file of all
of the airport codes, and you can save it on your PDA
or where ever.

David Locklear

PS.    I plan to be in the vicinity of Marengo, Indiana for 2 1/2 days
prior to the convention and 2 days after the convention.    At the
moment, I am not planning to take vertical gear.    But I do hope
to do all the touristy stuff in the area.