  From: mark.al...@l-3com.com
  To: Minton, Mark ; Texas Cavers
  Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:01 AM
  Subject: RE: [Texascavers] RE: [How to cook bats]

  Tastes like chicken!

  (You knew this was coming)

  Mark A.

  From: Minton, Mark [mailto:mmin...@nmhu.edu]
  Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 8:56 AM
  To: Texas Cavers
  Subject: [Texascavers] RE: [How to cook bats]

        Don Cooper said:

  >You'd think RATS, instead would yield a whole lot more meat...

        I suspect the bats they're eating are the large fruit bats and flying
foxes, not the little guys we're used to.  And people do eat rats.  I don't
know about in Asia, although I suspect they do, but definitely in southern
Mexico.  In Chiapas cavers have seen rat on a stick, cooked and ready to go
like a kabob, in the markets.  Mmm!

  Mark Minton