There are 3 kinds of people in the world... those that can count and those
that cannot.

NCC

On 5/23/07, Duane Hummel <a1959jack...@yahoo.com> wrote:

So.... half the people are above average?

Duane

*Tim Kohtz <tko...@hotmail.com>* wrote:

Einstein once said that if you think of how smart the average Joe is, half

the population are more stupid than that.

>From: "Minton, Mark"
>To: Cave Texas
>Subject: [Texascavers] RE: Math Skills
>Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 14:00:54 -0400
>
> Fritz Holt said:
>
> >Most math skills for dollars and cents are so poor that cashiers would
be
>lost if the register did not tell them how much change was due the
>customer.
>
> That's for sure. I often give a cashier a larger bill than the
>total due, plus some coins to make the change come out more even, so that

>I'll get a nickel or a dime rather than a bunch of pennies. Sometimes
they
>just push the coins back and make change out of the large bill, as if I
>didn't realize I already had enough cash on the table. Those are usually
>the ones who try to think about it. If they just punch it into the cash
>register, they give me what it says and don't appear to think about it
one
>way or another. Other times they are totally stumped, and I have to
>explain what I want. It's sad.
>
>Mark

PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best Web mail—award-winning Windows

Live Hotmail.