  From: Minton, Mark
  To: txcaver
  Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:36 PM
  Subject: [Texascavers] Polypropylene

   Geary,

        My private message to you was rejected by your Spam blocker, so I am
replying publicly.

  >Well put, do you have any thought on polypropylene.  EPA Region IV would
allow us to ship and use decon water in polypropylene but not in HDPE.  I'm not
aware of anything that leaches out of the bottle like HDPE but then again,
maybe we weren't looking for the right materials.

        I cannot imagine that polypropylene doesn't use plasticizers, but they
may well be different ones and did not impact your studies, so you were unaware
of / unconcerned with them.  I have not used much polypropylene, and can't
speak from experience.  The following site discusses plastic additives, but
does not directly address plasticizers in polypropylene:
https://mail.nmhu.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://pubs.acs.org/cen/coverstory/7849/7849bus1.html.
  I only checked a couple of the thousands of hits I got in Google for
polypropylene + plasticizer.  I'm leaving for a month in Mexico in the morning,
so I do not have time to follow up.  Good luck!

  Mark